Energy demand is increasing at a fast rate all around the world and if not controlled it would lead to energy shortage. Even today, many countries are facing energy shortage problems. To minimize the use of energy we need to educate people to use energy only when needed. We can minimize energy usage by taking small measures.
Our daily habits could be wasting a lot of energy, and that costs us money and damages the environment. People consume energy, mostly for electrical devices and lighting, transportation and heating or cooling. Using less energy has financial as well as environmental benefits.
It’s true that we can obtain electricity from cleaner sources of energy such as wind and solar power. So we are still indifferent to this issue. But much of the electricity that we use is still from sources such as oil and coal. Fossil fuels are not renewable sources and the more electricity we consume, the faster these resources will be depleted. If we don’t take steps to save energy then our future generation will face a scarcity of energy.
Simple steps will help reduce your energy consumption and make a real difference to your wallet and the planet. These are some tips to help you save money as well as energy :
1) Turn your energy consumption devices down. Most people think of lights when it comes to energy consumption in the home. In fact, water and space heating account for nearly 63 percent of typical home energy use, while lighting only accounts for 6 percent. Luckily, there are some quick ways to save energy and reduce your heating bill. Instead of an air conditioner Invest in some insulated drapes to block out heat in summer and keep warmth in winter. Turn down the temperature on your water heater by a few degrees. Finally, consider a home energy audit to uncover more ways to improve energy efficiency.
2) Switch off or unplug any chargers or appliances you don’t need one. Appliances can’t draw power if they are turned off. Better yet, unplug anything you don’t need. If they have a stand-by light, a display or are hot to the touch they’ll be using energy just by being plugged in.
3) Don’t buy excessive energy consumption appliances. Every new electric gadget requires energy in several ways so when you buy it choose EnergyStar approved appliances.
4) In place of electrical gadget use human power. At present we have relied heavily on electric gadgets so as we are becoming lazy and Wasting energy as well. You can use the manual chopping tool instead of a food processor. Wash the dishes by hand instead of running the dishwasher. Let your hair dry in the sun instead of using a hair dryer. So if we do not rely on the Electric Gadgets all the time and if we do our own work ourselves, we can stop the waste of energy.
5) You can ride your bicycle, that has a double benefit of fitness and fuel savings. Take public transportation whenever possible, and as an added bonus, you won’t have to worry about parking.
These way definitely help you to save energy. We Microgia Solutions trying to help you save more energy, so we brought you our energy saving products, The Automatic Water Pump Controller, Water Tank Overflow Alarm, Water Level Indicator that can save water, energy as well as your money. We should always remember that as much as we can save energy now the more we can illuminate the future.